Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good Things, Bad Things

The kids and I were eating dinner tonight and chatting about different things. I can't remember what we were talking about but Robyn then replied that "when bad things happen, good things happen." I thought it was a silly statement at first but then I started thinking about it. How often do bad things happen to us only to be followed by some miracle? Here is a perfect example. Last week Doug's cousin was in a terrible accident and was life flighted to Toledo. It seemed hopeless then, out of no-where, things were improving and now he is at home walking and talking. On top of that my father-in-law had the opportunity to witness to him and his friends, now their lives may change forever. I guess it can be summed up best by a 7 year old, "when bad things happen, good things happen."

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sometimes we really do need to pay attention to what our children are saying to us. Amazing when they can point out valuable lessons:)

palmtreefanatic said...

this just shows us that God IS in control of all situations! Great thinking Robyn!