Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Sunday, July 29, 2007
1.Who was your best friend? I didn't have just one best friend. I was probably the closest to my boyfriend Dan though.
2. Did you play any sports? I was on track for a little but tennis was my sport. I still love it! When I hold a racket it feels like part of my hand.
3. What kind of car did you drive? A 1985 Ford Tempo. It started out gray then we painted it blue.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Probably working, out on a date with Dan and/or at our high school football game.
5. Were you a party animal? Not at all. I waited until I was 21!
6. Were you considered a flirt? No.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? No.
8. Were you a nerd? I don't think I was then but I'm a big nerd now!
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? I never got in trouble at school.
10. Can you sing the fight song? I don't even know what ours sounds like.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Schwenk for Physics.
12. What was your school mascot? Vanguard
13. Did you go to the Prom? Yes Jr. and Sr. of mine and Jr. and Sr. for Dan's
14. If you could go back, would you? I would and I let myself have more fun this time around but I would have studied hardier. I would also would not have dated exclusively. I think I missed some fun opportunities. I hope I can teach Robyn that.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? On the night of my graduation we went out to eat at a nice restaurant and when we got home there was the whole O.J. Simpson police chase.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I can't even remember.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? I worked at Bavarian Pretzel in the Mall. I know I worked there I just can't remember if that was my senior year or not.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? We weren't allowed to leave school for lunch.
19. Have you gained weight since then? No, I've lost 10lbs since then.
20. What did you do after graduation? Went out with family for dinner.
21. What year did you graduate? 1994
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Dan
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I went and had fun.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
Let Me Clear My Throat: DJ Kool
These bring back memories of dancing at the clubs when I turned 21.
Where It's At: Beck
This is just a fun song that I remember from high school.
Smile: Lily Allen
This is a newer song that I just love. I'm sad to say that I can relate to her evilness. Unfortunately I can't even put the whole song on here because she throws out the fbomb right away. Why do they have to ruin songs that way?
Starry-Eyed Surprise: Paul Oakenfold
This is just a fun relaxing song. I can't even remember when this one came out.
Semi-Charmed Life: Third Eye Blind
I could write paragraphs about Third Eye Blind. They were my favorite band for a long time. I love the way they write. I went to concerts and everything. I'm sure there will be more songs by them on other lists. This song came at an interesting time in my life. I heard it for the first time after meeting Doug. I heard it and felt so independent and free. I felt like I could do anything I wanted which ultimately made me break up with him for a year so I could be free.
Get It Poppin: Fat Joe ft Nelly
This is just a fun song that I use on my exercise list. I like the over all sound of it.
If you think I'm weird after this list just wait to see what else comes.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
At what age do you let your children use a public restroom alone?
At what age do you let them walk or ride their bike around the block by themselves?
How old should they be to run across the other side of the store to get something for you?
At what age would you let them stay home alone?
I just realized that I haven't thought past the ages they are now and would have no clue on when to let them do what. Do you just get a feeling when the time is right like the motherly instinct that has always guided us?
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Four Jobs I've Held:
1. Project Operations Manager
2. Application Developer
3. Desktop/Application Engineer
4. Bank Teller
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again
1. Save the Last Dance
2. Sixteen Candles
3. The Wedding Singer
4. Office Space
Four Places I've Lived
1-4: Is this safe on the internet? PA and OH
Four TV Shows I Watch
1. The Office
2. Big Brother 8
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Fox News alot
I am so excited that Big Brother is on again this summer. Its weird and sick but I love that show! Don't even get me started on how much I love The Office. That definitely deserves a whole blog of its own.
Now I have to go find someone to tag!!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
From the day Robyn became interested in TV I only wanted her to watch educational shows. Once she caught a glimpse of Spongebob she was interested. For the longest time I wouldn't let her watch it. I was convinced it was an awful show. I started to get lazy and last year I started letting her watch it. Now I love it! It is so funny and its not really bad. I just love watching Patrick, he is my favorite. I know there have been reports that Patrick and Spongebob are gay but I don't see it. I don't think kids look for or think about that kind of thing when they are watching a show. At least not at the age that my children are. I dare you to watch it and not giggle.
Monday, July 09, 2007
I have been addicted to Fox News lately. I don't know why but I can watch it for hours at a time or just check in with it during the day. Last week I saw Brian Welch on there. He was the guitarist from Korn. I used to like Korn in my earlier days so I was interested. It turns out that he has turned his life around and quit the band and drugs and found God. He said he had been searching for something and just showed up at church one day. He prayed that if God was real that he would get him off the drugs. Within a week he was through with the drugs and has never been the same since. The other great part of this is that he has a daughter and now she knows the Lord through him. I love when celebrities talk about this because it reaches so many people. This is where you can find the video clip http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/index.html. He has a book coming out called Save Me From Myself: How I Found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, and Lived To Tell My Story.
Friday, July 06, 2007
I never know whether teeball is one word or two so forgive me if its wrong. Garrett started playing teeball last week. Its an informal class through the rec center that meets twice a week and they just play with who ever shows up. We tried it last year and one of us always ended up in tears. He had no interest and would get in trouble with all the free time during the slow moving game. This is year is different though. He pays attention during the game (slacks a little during the last 10 minutes but its progress) and has really become competitive. He goes after every ball and even gets upset if he doesn't catch one. He does better each time he goes so hopefully he will stay interested in it. My boy is finally calming down and following rules!!! Just in time for kindergarten!!!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Here are some pictures of our 4th of July. My niece is the one twirling and my nephews Scott and Alex are carrying the banner. We went to the parade, went to a party and watched fireworks with friends. It was a nice the day and the kids had a great time!