Thursday, August 07, 2008

Unexpected Trip

On Friday I found out that my uncle passed away so Sunday we took an unexpected trip out to PA so we could attend the funeral on Monday.

On the way we ran into a delay from a serious accident. We made the most of it and visited with the neighboring cars, took pictures (like a good little blogger) and climbed the hill so the kids could go potty. These delays only happen when you have to go to the bathroom :).

The funeral went well and I really felt like I was able to say goodbye. Along with that, I was able to take some great new perspective away with me. We spent time visiting with extended family that was long overdue.

My sister and her son from NC were also able to make it out for the funeral so we all stayed at my parent's house. The cousins really enjoyed playing together again.

Here are some pictures from the trip.


The PA turnpike

Robyn stretching her legs on the turnpike

My dad's wonderfully organized garage (does anyone wonder where I get it from?)

He even puts his Covettes on shelves.

3 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

wow! That is one VERY organized garage...I love it! amazing!

Sorry to hear about your loss of your uncle!

Michelle P said...

Ok, I just wish I had corvettes to stack! Mostly just boxes here! Sorry about your uncle, but glad to hear that the trip went well.

Alex said...

aw, i am sorry to hear about your uncle.

and damn, that's a nice garage! the only thing in my garage are a bunch of stray cats. i don't think they would like to be put in boxes. :)