I'm finally getting around to the holiday meme that Rachel tagged me for. Robyn is home sick today so I have some time. Here it is:
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Both, I even love egg nog ice cream and shakes.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa doesn't visit our house. We wrap the presents ourselves. We used to have them under the tree early but we don't trust the puppy yet!
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I like white lights but I am out numbered in this house. Luckily our tree has built-in white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Don't need to, we do lots of kisses anyway.
5. When do you put your decorations up? On or right before Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? Don't have one, I like a lot of different things.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Visiting my relatives in upstate PA every Christmas as a child.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? We always traveled to upstate PA and I started to notice that after we got in the car every year my mom had to go back in and go to the "bathroom." That is when she put the presents out for us to come back to.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We exchanged extended family gifts when I was growing up. Now we just open one gift on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Red and gold balls with whatever ornaments we get as gifts or crafts the kids make.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread It? Both, I love to watch it falling and everything covered in white. I also do not like going out in the snow or the cold.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, I have a bad memory
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Spending time with family, going to church and listening to Christmas carols.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Don't have one.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We travel every other year so its hard to have one.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love all of them.
20. Candy canes, Yum or Yuck! I like the other flavors but not peppermint.