Monday, November 26, 2007

Back In The Game!!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I certainly did. We had a great time hanging out with Doug's family. We even had our first snow of the season out here. On Friday we looked at cars but are still undecided. We also took the kids to see Enchanted. It was a great movie and we all enjoyed it. On Saturday we went to buy Doug's Christmas, Birthday, Valentine's Day, etc.. present. Our older TV started to go so we bought a new LCD or something TV. I don't know much about it, I just know its bigger and expensive.

Today was an exciting day for me! I just started a new job for the first time in 6 years. I was really intimidated at first because I was bombarded with emails, logins and links. I had 4 and a half hours of training and conference calls today. The first week or so will be a lot of training on the phone and computer, then I will be able to have my own schedule and just meet with the team on the conference calls 3 days a week. I will be working 40 hours a week. You never know what to expect when you meet people and companies over the internet. I am very excited that this seems like a great company and I am much more confident in the job now. I think until today I still had it in my mind that they would let me down and it would end up being a scam but I know its not now. There was a lengthy interview process and after seeing all thats involved and all that I have access to I can see why. This should be fun!!

Now, if I can just learn to balance the working/family deal. I have been waiting for my license in the mail that says that because I am now a working mom my house does not have to be clean. Does that usually come in the first week??? I know that my family will have to pitch in and we've talked about it. So far Doug is the only one helping. The kids are going to have a rude awakening.

6 comments:

KC said...

Sound like you have been busy.. Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving.
Good luck with the new job. Honestly when I was working my house stayed cleaner then it does now that I'm a stay at home mom.. mostly because we were never home to mess it up, the kids were messing up grandma's house all day(all the grandma's were my babysitters) and my place stayed pretty much clean just needing a quick run though at night before going to bed. NOW.. I can't keep up with the mess since we are home all day long making more and more messes. So where are you working? who are you working for? and what sort of job is it?? If I'm asking too many questions.. just tell me to mind my own business ;P

The Edwards said...

WOW you have been busy...Good luck with new job!

Alex said...

Good luck with the new job! What will you be doing? And good luck with keeping the house clean *snickers sheepishly* ;)

Michelle P said...

I agree with KC. My house stayed cleaner when I worked. However, when I was young, we would all pitch in on Saturday morning...work,work work, then after lunch, we would all do something fun as a family...kind of like a reward for all our hard work. Hope all falls into place soon!

palmtreefanatic said...

Glad Thanksgiving went well! you amaze me as to how FAST you adjust To new surroundings! WOW! Congrats on the new job, hope you will like it there! The kids can be given lists! This is a good CONCRETE way for them to see exactly what THEY need to do, try it!
Hope everyone enjoys the TV!

Lori_N said...

So glad you like the job and the added bonus...getting paid for it.