The kids started school today. We had a tour of the school this morning and it goes in a figure eight around the gym and library so the kids shouldn't get lost. Robyn is at the 3rd, 4th, 5th grade wing and Garrett is on the other end of the building. Robyn looked a little shy when I dropped her off. She is in a program called Excel and its a 2/3rd grade class. There are mostly boys in her class but there was another girl starting there today so she should be happy. Garrett didn't have to start school until 1. I dropped him off in the main lobby where his teacher was picking up the rest of the class off the bus (apparently there are no car riders in the school??) and he just jumped in line and barely said goodbye. I'm letting them both ride the bus home today. The bus stop is right in front of my house which is really nice.
I did have time to get a menu together for the week, its pretty basic though.
- Beef Stew Soup and Corn bread muffins
- Country Chicken with Bread and Mashed Potatoes
- Meatball Sandwiches and Corn
- Spaghetti and Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- Swedish Meatballs and Green Beans
- Good 'Ol Hamburger Helper Mac & Cheese (Special Child Request)