I'm hoping by putting this writing that I can get back on track. I've learned that sitting still for an extra 40 hours a week can be detrimental to your buttocks! Here are tricks I've used in the past that have worked.
1. No stretchy pants allowed. I feel a lot more guilty eating Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby and Cool Ranch Doritos in tight jeans.
2. Exercise for 30 minutes a day. I do this first thing in the morning otherwise I make excuses and it doesn't get done. I plan for 7 days a weeks so that if something comes up its not a big deal.
3. I'm going to eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks! This helps to keep my metabolism up and if I schedule the snacks in there just right I'm not always hungry. For breakfast I'll have Special K with strawberries, oatmeal or fruit smoothies. I'm going to try and have soup, tuna fish and turkey sandwiches with celery or carrots on the side for lunches. For snacks I'll have the special K chocolate drizzle bars (because its chocolate!), pretzels, light Breyers Yogurt (I love Key Lime Pie), Club crackers or fruit smoothie. I'll have the normal family dinners because I'm lazy and won't cook two separate meals. I'm going to look up some low-fat meals that I can introduce to the family. My kids complain about dinner anyway so it doesn't make a difference. I always have smart balance microwave popcorn for a snack before bed. This kind helps to keep my cholesterol down and its low in calories.
4. I'm giving up pop, again. I've learned that for me, even drinking diet pop makes me crave more salty snacks. Diet pop=big butt
5. Drink water the entire time I work and throughout the day. I already do this and I feel much better.
6.This sounds kind of silly for weight loss and weight management but shower each day and do your hair and makeup. I know this takes a lot of time but it helps you to feel better about yourself during the day. I struggle with this now since I work at home and only leave the house for grocery shopping and church. Boy, I need to get out!
7. If you are craving something just have a reasonable portion of it. Denying yourself will lead to snacking on everything in the house.
8. If you don't want to eat it don't buy it. The rest of the family LOVES this one.
Trust me there is no other way to lose weight besides diet and exercise. There are only 8 tips that I can think of now so if you are trying to make some healthy changes just try a few at a time and add to it.I used these tricks and I went from a size 14 (after each of the kids were born) to a size 4 and have been able to maintain it. I'm still studying for my personal trainer certification so if I see some good tips I will post them too.