Thursday, August 30, 2007

1st Day Recap

The first day of school seemed to go well for Garrett. He was excited to go and happy when he came home. All I got out of him was that he had fun and he had enough time to eat his lunch. (I worry because he eats slow and they only have 15 minutes) Robyn did a great job staying with him on the bus and helping him if he needed it. The bus route has changed and now 2 of my nephews (ages 9 and 12) are on it which helps me feel better too. They always look out for my kids.

I had a fun day yesterday after I spend an hour moping around. I cut the grass and when I was done I came in and saw a message from my sister-in-law. I decided I have freedom now, I won't call her back, I'll ride my bike to go and talk to her. I rode back home then she picked me up and treated me to Casa Fiesta for lunch. After lunch I ran to the store and bank then came back for a nap before meeting the kids at the bus stop. I kept busy which helped but I still find myself feeling sad today. He has off today because he is in the beginning of the alphabet but tomorrow he goes regularly with the other kids. I just feel like this is such a change and I'll never be as close to him again. I also feel like I wasted the last few years with him and didn't do all the things I wanted to with him.

I did break a serious mom law last night though. I allowed a sleepover on a school night!!! I know its crazy and will now be watched by HC Jobs and Family Services but I can live with that. Robyn and Maya wanted a sleepover so I allowed it since we are moving in a month and they didn't have any homework and go to the same bus stop and the same class.

3 comments:

Alex said...

It sounds like you had a good day, all things aside! Gasp! A sleepover on a school night! I don't think that makes you a bad mom, I think it is just the opposite!

KC said...

Sounds like you did a good mommy thing for Robyn. :)

Michelle P said...

You're such a cool mom! Every so often, we eat dessert before dinner..it's the little fun things that make life sweet!