Friday, August 17, 2007

Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith.Don't forget to grab the button and to link back to Sheryl's post.
Here is the verse for today.
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
When I woke up this morning and took the dog out I saw all the things in my garage set up for the garage sale. I instantly started to cry. There are so many toys that we are getting rid of that have special memories. It seems like we are coming to the end of an era here and its hard to not be emotional. Here we are with the kids growing up and not needing the same type of toys, my youngest starting kindergarten and preparing to move out of this great neighborhood. There are so many different things to think about. This verse reminds me to focus on my self control and not get upset or angry, just take each action and situation with faith and love because no matter what happens in this life it will get better because of my salvation. These are tools to give me strength.

3 comments:

Lori_N said...

It is hard going through different phases of life. I'm with ya about the whole kindergarten thing. It can only get better.

KC said...

Great verse.
I can't get over the fact that my baby girl will be in kindergraden here in 10 days.. Sniff.. they just grow way to fast.

Alex said...

How did the sale go? I hope at least you were able to get rid of some things. It's hard seeing our kids grow up. It's cool having them be independent and learning so much but at the same time, at least I feel with Jackson, that each day he needs me a little less.

And I'm still sad that he is losing his Friday babysitter :( We'll have to get the kids together sometime so Jackson can have his Robyn and Garett fix :)